TV Simulcast Licensing & Acquisitions Lead
Be A Part Of TDG
We aim to be an integral part of Thai consumers’ everyday digital activities. As the leading figure in this field, our highest objectives are to deliver integrated digital lifestyle, point and pay, and enable technology service provider in Thailand with regional presence. With our merchants covering all facets of daily lifestyle and transactions, we firmly believe that our key target of being the prime digital media and telco ecosystem is within our reach.
Why Work With Us?
To us, the word digital does not merely translate to technology, but it signifies something far more revolutionary and life-changing. As a start up corporation, we have prime leaders and experts from various industries that seek to enhance you professionally and grow together as a company. Accompanied by creative and data-minded specialists, we believe in extraordinary happenings.
TrueID (True Digital Group) is recruiting a senior licensing and acquisitions lead for free to air, cable and satellite channels. This role will serve as a key member in the Content Acquisitions & Programming department, licensing, aggregating, managing content from major broadcast partners on behalf of TrueID/IDTV platforms and services. The candidate will also be responsible for facilitating partnerships with channels negotiating ad generated revenue splits as well as working with internal stakeholders such as marketing, programming, product, customer care and content operations units, in activating the channels on our services.
The candidate will report to the Head of Acquisitions & Programming, providing critical support in end to end management of all simulcast channels. The ideal candidate has a strong background in the local television broadcast industry and has knowledge of licensing/rights management for DTTV free to air channels. Ability to work independently, work with c-level stakeholders and lead 360 projects with external and internal activation is required. Preferably, the candidate is bilingual Thai and English both with verbal and written communication skills. The Simulcast Lead should be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, proactive team player, managing multiple projects, and working under tight timeframes.
● Lead all aspects of negotiation and contract process with free to air, free cable/satellite broadcast partners (licensing clauses, revenue forecasting, contract drafting, internal legal process management, assembling presentations etc...)
● Manage relationships with all free to air, free cable/satellite channel accounts currently in TrueID portfolio, communicating regarding their monthly performance and revenue generation
● Represent acquisitions team interests across the company and with internal stakeholders (content operations, programming, revenue, marketing, customer care, legal, finance) on a regular basis, leading end to end project management for TV simulcast channels
● Manage OTT, app, web blackout schedule for all current broadcast partners
● Liaise co-ordinate with TrueVisions pay tv team to drive internal comms to key stakeholders on licensing and programming changes
● Manage and evaluate content partners through performance tracking and relationship cultivation in an effort to grow each account’s business
● Develop market expertise through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
● Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications for programming strategy and the overall business
● Manage rights clearances; monitor licensing issues and inquiries on behalf of acquisitions team
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, analysis, economic or related field, Master degree is preferable
over 5 years’ experience with strategy, digital marketing, channels management, digital goods campaigns and promotions
Proven success in the fast-paced environment
Strong attention to deadlines with growth mindset
Great presentation skill in Thai and English
Knowledge of relevant markets and trends