Head of Platform
The Head of Platform is a key leadership role within the True Digital Product team. The newly created position, due to the growth and continued investment in the Product Management function, will work side by side with Design and Engineering leaders to shape the future for the business critical domain. The primary objective of the role holder is to lead the creation of world class products and services that delight our customers. The role holder will provide the insight, influence and leadership to define the vision for their problem domain based upon an in-depth, practical knowledge of customer needs, the most relevant technology trends, and business strategy dynamics and then bring those ideas to life through compelling and impactful releases
The successful candidate will be an outstanding product professional with significant product management experience gained in leading digital businesses. The candidate will demonstrably have a strong track record in significantly improving product experiences to deliver better customer and business outcomes. They are well versed in Lean and Agile methodologies, appreciate and utilise data to make informed decisions, have a customer centric approach and proven track record of delivering quality product outcomes to market at speed. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to influence effectively, building empathetic and productive partnerships with colleagues across departments up and down the broader organisation.
Reporting to the CPO, s/he will be an accomplished servant leader, capable of hiring, mobilising and developing high performing teams through strong coaching and mentorship.
The Head of Platform will:
● Develop a deep understanding of our customers, putting their needs at the centre of all product design and development thinking.
● Develop and refine a compelling Product Vision for their domain; taking others on the journey to create and maintain strong support.
● Own the creation, ongoing refinement, prioritisation, and ultimate successful execution of the Product Roadmap that delivers on the Product Vision.
● Ensure that product improvements in the Product Roadmap make significant impact on the right customer and business success metrics; value user and customer input through product discovery and experiments to validate decisions early and often.
● Make informed trade-offs to focus time and energy on the aspects that are most important to creating a winning product.
● Build a culture of delivery speed and excellence in collaboration with Technology, crafting innovation solutions to solve significant customer problems and getting them into market quickly and efficiently.
● Ensure market and competitor strategic direction and product propositions are well considered through detailed research and analysis, using these inputs to drive the discussion on where and how we play to win.
● Drive successful product adoption and integration with our commercial teams, ensuring launches are impactful and deliver maximum value.
● Build, organise and inspire a high performing team of Product Managers; by hiring and developing great talent, and setting them up to deliver awesome products to market quickly and efficiently.
● Be the key product evangelist for their domain, building and maintaining engagement, understanding and excitement organisation wide in the product vision and roadmap.
● Support the CPO as part of the Product leadership team in defining portfolio level strategies and direction relating to the team and the product strategy.
Experience and philosophies we value
● Excellent product management knowhow and judgement – The ability to understand trade-offs, make tough calls and prioritise effectively in collaboration with others. They will understand the importance of major modern digital product concepts such as MVT testing, MVP / MMP, UX, Analytics. A good ‘product nose’ for the things that matter based on past experiences. Deep understanding of Agile and Lean development practices and how great products are discovered and built.
● Customer centric and data driven - Values input from customers early and often. Can demonstrate importance and impact of user testing, customer research, agile inceptions etc. based on previous experience. Demonstrable experience and value through ‘data beating opinion’.
● Well versed in modern Mobile technology – Deep understanding of modern mobile tech and operating system ecosystem. Able to converse effectively with Engineers on technical topics around scalability, performance, integrations via APIs, security etc.
● Relentless drive to get stuff done – Comfortable with ambiguity and requiring minimal direction. The role holder brings a ‘can do attitude’ with demonstrable experience of finding a way to successfully deliver while overcoming challenges and obstacles in relation to time and resources. A problem solver who is pragmatic and action orientated, they will be a ‘builder’ with a passion for seeing ideas come to life.
● Structured thinker – Able to break down problems into key fundamentals, and use this approach to explore all possible solutions. Fast at grasping the essential elements in complex situations and able explain things simply and clearly to others.
● Innovative problem solver – Displays vision to see beyond the immediately obvious, challenges the status quo and wants to ask the tough questions. Curious, with keen eye for good design and appreciation for core principles on what significantly improves customer experience.
● First class people, communication and influencing skills - Track record of building and sustaining excellent relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization. A strong communicator able to communicate with passion and energy to inform and inspire across cross functional teams and departments. Bring empathy and a sense of humour.