Back-End Team Lead (VRoom)
* Work in an agile team to build / develop features and technologies across various aspects of the Java(Kotlin) and Golang
* CI/CD deployments on a Kubernetes based platform, both on premises and on a multi-cloud infrastructure.
* Possess an understanding of cloud-native architectures, and be familiar with implementations involving service discovery, circuit breakers, client side load balancing, and other architectural patterns related to elastic infrastructure.
* Participate in, and help create, a company culture which attracts, retains, and coaches other engineers. The primary deliverable of a senior engineer are more senior engineers.
* Conduct design and code reviews.
* Provide specific technology expertise to help drive innovation.
* Identify emerging technologies to create video conference products
* Partnering with architects and platform engineers to build strategies for execution, drive and facilitate key decisions, and influence others and lead change where appropriate.
* A positive, can-do attitude, who naturally expresses a high degree of empathy to others.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. We are more interested in passion for technology and what you are capable of, than we are academic qualification.
* 5 or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in building mission critical applications from scratch, and decomposing monolithic applications into smaller services.
* Experience with a broad mix of technologies, including a strong subset of:
- Core Java / Kotlin
- Kubernetes NoSQL (Redis, MongoDB, ELK) Kafka API Gateway (Kong)
- OIDC/SSO (Keycloak)
- XMPP (Prosody)
- CI/CD (Gitlab, Git)
* Experience with distributed architectures, SOA, microservices and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
* Experience with Agile.
* Familiarity with containers and their technologies such as Docker.
* Familiarity with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes.
* Experience with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems.